WHAT IS EXERCISE ?
- An activity requiring physical effort, carried out to sustain or improves health and fitness.
- An activity carried out for a specific purpose.
- The actual definition of exercise is to use repeatedly in order to strengthen or develop , but to make it simpler , exercise is doing programs and workouts to keep fit . for example running ,hiking,bicycling and any active sport.
Diminished interest in exercise & the reasons
Mostly people do little or no exercise during work or rest hours .Today there are not many jobs requiring intense physical activity.Instead of walking , people use automobiles.instead of being physically active, people usually watch TV in their free time.Some sports such as bowling , golf and table tennis provide some exercise, but do not provide as much exercise as other more vigorous sports .
- Exercise Keep us fit.
- It also reduces chance of heart attack. A research indicates that the chance of heart attack is two times more likely to happen to an inactive person than a more active person.
- A work at the gym or walk quickly at least 30-minute stimulates various brain chemicals.It not only help to burn calories but also leave you feeling happier. If a person exercise regularly, it helps to boost not only confidence but also improves self-esteem.
- if we don’t take exercise regularly , there is a chance to become over weight.
- Physical activities stimulate various brain chemicals and it leaves a very good effect on our mood and we feel happy and more relaxed.
- Regular physical activity can improve our muscle strength.
- The benefits of physical is it gives us more energy , it helps us in coping with stress.
- It improves self image.
- It increases resistance of tiredness.
- It also protect us from diseases like stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, back pain, osteoporosis, and help manage stress.
- People who take exercise regularly burn more calories and look more toned.
- weight-bearing exercise like jumping, running, or brisk walking can help the people to keep their bones strong.
- Exercise can help to sleep better.
- Exercise reduces the risk of developing high cholesterol.
- Exercise improves strength, balance, and functional ability in older adults .
A caution for 40 plus people.
The people who have the age of 40 or over , the heart condition is usually coronary artery, which is the build up of deposits of fats in the blood vessels .A lot of deaths have followed by warning signs such as chest pain , light heartedness, fainting and extreme breathlessness .These all symptoms should not be ignored and medical attention should be advised immediately .
Exercise also involves risk
There are risks in exercising tough .Exercising too hard is not good for anyone because doing this there is a chance to get injury in muscles or joints . It is especially dangerous for out of shape , middle aged and older people.It is very important for those who follow a gradual and sound exercise program .