Breathing Exercises to Lose WeightWhat do people commonly do in order to eliminate excess pounds from their bodies? Some change their diet regimes; others increase the time they dedicate to exercises, while a few go straight under the surgeon's knife for a shortcut. A number of people, however, simply choose to breathe.
- Tips for Breathing Exercises to Lose Weight
When you perform breathing exercises to lose weight, you also get to enjoy other benefits as well such as a better sense of relaxation. When you've been educated on how to breathe properly, you'll soon find out that the right breathing techniques makes a simple ten-minute break seem like an hour-long nap; it's that relaxing! Just as long as you're using the correct breathing techniques, you'll also enjoy an overall feeling of wellness.
- Find a Comfortable Place ???. If this is your first time to try breathing exercises to lose weight, it must be done as comfortably as possible. Find a place where you can lie on your back comfortably. You can do it on your bed, sofa, or even on the carpet if you wish.
- Slowing Down ???. Before commencing with the breathing exercises, it's necessary for you to wait until your breathing has somewhat slowed down and until your body has completely relaxed.
- Breathing Deeply ???. Now, it's time to breathe. Breathe deeply through your nose and not your mouth. Stick up your belly as far as possible as you inhale. Hold your breath the moment you've drawn in as much air as possible. Try holding your breath as long as you can; most people with ill-used lungs tend to release their breath after just 10 or 20 seconds. That's normal, but it isn't good enough for breathing exercises to help you lose weight as it's intended to.
- Reflecting ???. So how did it feel? Breathing in the correct way was good, but the part after that was not okay, was it? That's because your lungs, as we've mentioned, are ill-used. It can simply be because you don't exercise your lungs regularly or your lungs have been abused by nicotine for a long time. With continued practice, however, you'll be able to benefit more from these exercises and gradually get rid of the bad stuff.
- Repeating the Steps ???. What's left to do then is to practice. Practice, practice, and never stop practicing until you feel that your breathing technique has been improved. To have a better feel of this exercise, try closing your eyes while you're breathing and get in touch with your inner self.
- It's Time to Sit Up ???. When you've perfected breathing in a lying position, it's time to go to the next phase and practice breathing while sitting up. Lower your chin until it reaches your chest and then watch the movement of your belly while you breathe in and out. If your belly isn't moving while you're breathing, you're breathing improperly once more, so go back to square one.
- Factors that Affect Breathing ???. If you're experiencing breathing problems, and this prevents you from attaining your objective, consider making certain lifestyle changes. The way we breathe is affected by a number of factors, namely, frequency of smoking, high blood pressure, high cholesterol level, stress, external pressures, lack of exercise, the wrong diet, and negative emotions such as fear and anger. Heredity may also be a factor.
Performing breathing exercises to lose weight comes with its own set of sacrifices. If you're not ready to make certain changes with your lifestyle, being able to breathe correctly won't be able to help you as much as it really should.