What Are Ways To Deal With Stress?Stress medically pertains to a psychological or physical stimulus which can produce physiological or mental reactions which may result to illness. It is the total response of the physical and mental state of a person to an undesirable disparity between imagined or real personal expectations and personal experience.
Mental responses can include anxiety, adaptive or good stress, and depression. When stress enhances mental or physical function, then it can be considered as a good stress. But if stress continues especially on excessive degrees then it requires a solution. Failure to do so can lead to either depressive (withdrawal) or anxious (escape) behavior.
Stress in some instances may be derived from an imagined experience such as watching a frightening movie. Moreover, the response of stress fulcrum depends on the disparity between personal expectations and imagined or real experience. Take for example; people living in the world of fashion constant with personal accepted expectations have no stress although their conditions are interpreted as difficult to some external perspective. Likewise, people who live in rural areas in relative poverty may be unstressed especially if their expectations are met with sufficiency. Lastly, if there is constant disparity between expectations and experience, stress can be relieved through acceptance. However, acceptance may not be occasionally complete except with children. Therefore, stress resolution through this approach may be also incomplete.
Stress is normal. Normally, it comes from daily circumstances. What are the ways to deal with stress?
1. Elimination of various stress sources. If you are bothered when you are in crowded places such as the supermarket or movie theaters, then you should prevent yourself from going there. Instead, rent videotapes or go shopping during dead hours.
2. Take time to weigh reasons. If you are running late all the time, then you should check your time allocations. Ask yourself if you strictly follow your schedule. You need to be realistic to lessen stress.
3. Avoid predictable situations leading to stress. If a particular game or sport creates stress whether it is bridge or tennis, disregard invitations to play. The reason for playing these games is to have fun. So, never play when you will just feel tense.
4. If you fail to eliminate the stress, then you should remove yourself. Make an escapade to have a few private times to think. It can give you a better perspective to deal with your problems.
5. Competition in terms of appearance, possessions, or accomplishments can be avoided. Some may even do what it takes just to incite envy in other people. Although it is quiet easy to say that you should be thankful with what you have, it's the opposite way around. This is a self-inflicted form of stress originated from a mere jealousy.
6. Cramming with various activities each day due to laborsaving devices including computer hookups and cellular phones. Make sure that these modern equipments can improve the quality of your life instead of pressuring you.
7. Do things one at a time.
8. Learn to relax by not doing anything at all.
9. If you are suffering from headaches, recurring colds, stomach upsets, or insomnia, observe if stress is making the problem. Physical resources can be depleted if you became chronically apprehensive, frustrated, or angry.
10. Seek help from professionals, a therapist or a doctor.
Follow these ten ways to manage your stress successfully and live normal and happy again.