Exercise isn’t strictly an adult prerogative, exercise is also important for children as well as
Reasons for Children to ExerciseA lot of reasons exist why children need to exercise on a daily basis. A child can be taught to love exercise by being taught right from the start that exercise is fun and healthy to participate in. These are some reasons why it is important for children to exercise.
- They are much more likely to exercise as
- It helps them maintain a healthy body weight
- It promotes school attendance and academic performance
- It aids in people skills and learning to work as a team
- It can help them feel better about themselves
- It improves the quality and quantity of their sleep
- They have less anxiety and nervousness
- It’s fun!
These are just a few of the many reasons why children should get a regular dose of daily exercise. However, what can you do to ensure that your children get the amount of exercise that is needed on a regular basis?
Ways to Help Children ExerciseWhat are the various ways that you can get children to exercise? The good thing about young children is that they are usually full of energy and they are willing to get into physical activity on a daily basis. The younger a child is, the better positioned they are to start an exercise routine which will be acceptable to them now and in the future.
While most children find daily exercise in their play and activities, for others you will need to put forth some effort to help them get the exercise they need. Here are some ideas:
- Get outside and toss around a ball
- Play hide and seek, tag and other children’s games outdoors with your child
- Make a family sports night or similar activity that you can all do together
- Help your child think of great outdoor games to play
- Allow your child to experiment with different types of activities to learn which they like best
- Be a positive role model for your child
When these methods are used to help children exercise, you give the child a good start towards a healthier future. Other than this, you also help yourself by getting your own exercise, being more active and feeling good about doing something meant to better the life of your children and yourself as well. It’s true, exercise is good!