Here are my Top 10!
1. Why Your Body Isn’t ChangingA weak muscle or fat body will become more strong and healthy if you adjust the workload in a smart way. It isn’t enough to just sweat, breathe heavy, and lift weights every workout session. You must constantly feel how challenging your workout is. Could it be that you need a variety of smart foods to help fuel you through your workouts? The site will help guide you through this process. The SAID principle (Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demands) in plain English means that your body might not be able to jog an eight minute mile now or curl 20 lb. dumbbells yet, but with smart adjustments, you will be able to.
2. What I Expect From YouWhile you are training I want you to constantly keep track of how you feel. How exerted are you? I want you to use a scale of 1-10 to rate your level of intensity. A rating of ’1′ would be like standing in line at the grocery store. A rating of ’10′ would be like pushing your car on sand. As time progresses, you will be able to use this level of exertion scale as a way to keep track of how strong you are becoming.
3. What Works For Others Might or Might Not Work For YouEveryone will have an opinion about what you should be eating, how many times a week you should be working out, and what method to use. You don’t have to ignore their thoughts, just compare them to the plan that you will be using here daily. Along the way, you will need to make adjustments. If you know that walking on the treadmill at a high incline bothers your knees, then make the adjustments by walking at a slightly faster pace on a flat level to raise your heart rate to the same point that the incline would have it at. The same goes with eating. Starving yourself or over-eating makes you fat. The science does not lie. So if your friend lost weight using the latest fad diet, it is not necessarily going to work for you as well. This site will give you a plan that will work over the long term.
4. Exercising Daily Allows You to Get Away With A Few ThingsThe occasional cookie or potato chip will not wreck all of your smart work if you slip and have one, IF YOU exercise on a regular basis. You want to build quality muscle in place of the ‘sometimes’ toxic fat, so that you can increase your metabolism. Your workouts supplied by this site will create an ‘After-burn’ effect where you will be burning calories and fat even after the workout. Knowing this one fact should really keep you motivated.
5. DRINK WATERYour body needs water. You need to begin increasing your water consumption if you wish to ward off feeling bloated, hungry between meals, or tired throughout your day. The cells in your body need water to help them function efficiently. Aim for at least 64 oz. a day, and even more on your workout days.
6. For Every Scoop of Starchy Carbs (rice, potatoes, pasta) Have 3 Scoops of Fibrous CarbsSometimes just saying no to that extra scoop of rice isn’t the only thing you must do. If you deprive your body of any type of carbohydrate (fibrous, complex, starchy) then you will be setting yourself up for failure. The method here suggest you replace the missing carb with a the smarter carb, based on your fitness goals. An athlete will eat a different ratio of carbs than someone needing to lose large amounts of fat.
7. Eat More Frequent Small Snacks/MealsWorking out 1-2 times a day is the easy part. Most people lose the battle when it comes to following a schedule of consuming 5-6 small snacks/meals. Following this rule keeps your blood sugar stable. If it becomes unstable, your energy drops and you want to eat everything in sight. If it means only having 3-4 bites of an apple with smart balance peanut butter, then do this. In the long run, using the healthy eating plan and smart snacks on this site, your body will reach its ideal healthy size.
8. Try these 2 Tips For One WeekWhile you look through this site, buy your new smart groceries, plan out your workout schedule, and add me on Facebook, try the following 2 tips:
Tip One: Have at least 8-10 Glasses of Ice Cold Water a day. The coldness of the water causes your body to burn energy to warm the water before leaving the stomach.
Tip Two: Cut the refined sugar in half to zero, and replace with fresh fruits. Eat as much of this as you want. (Stop eating fruit after dinner. Eat all throughout your day, up until dinner, to curb your cravings for sweets.)