Aerobics is like a complete body workout. It gets you to breathe harder; your heart gets pumping more blood through your vessels; oxygen supply increases to your muscles and you feel active and fit. Your whole body including your heart, lungs and muscles get a thorough workout.
Like every style of exercise that contributes to health benefits aerobics too has its share of benefits.
- 1- The aerobic form of workout gets the heart to take larger strokes and requires fewer heartbeats to pump blood. With a stronger heart working more efficiently and better cardiac functions the risk caused by coronary heart disease like high blood pressure and stroke are reduced.
- 2- Aerobics maintains body weight by utilizing the two body fuels namely fat and carbohydrates. As the supply of oxygen through the body is increased with aerobics the intensity of burning extra fat also increases. The metabolic rate contributes to this process for a shapely figure.
- 3- Aerobics give you physical fitness that pertains to endurance, flexibility, strength and muscle build up. Aches and pains are reduced and the risk of disease as a result of sedentary lifestyle is minimized.
- 4- Stress, anxiety and depression are taken care of. A regular aerobic workout keeps the body and mind active.
- 5- The immune system is strengthened and risk to diseases like cancer is reduced.
- 6- Aerobics also reduces the levels of fats in the blood. It cuts down on dangerous cholesterol and triglycerides.
- 7- It also controls the blood sugar level and helps in reducing diabetes.
- 8- Aerobics builds strong body structure including bones which is helpful in wo-men who are in danger of suffering form osteoporosis later in life.
- 9- It’s a mood enhancer and pain reliever. Endorphins produced during aerobic exercise relieve pains and elevates the mood helping one to have a positive outlook.
Aerobics has various styles and for a sweat free workout you can try aqua aerobics that also intensifies the weight loss by burning double the amount of fat in the same duration that normal aerobics promotes.